Rent an RV in the USA Must Have a Driver’s License

A recreational vehicle, often abbreviated as RV, is a motor vehicle or trailer which includes living quarters designed for accommodation.

Types of RVs include motorhomes, campervans, coaches, caravans (also known as travel trailers and camper trailers), fifth-wheel trailers, popup campers, and truck campers.

When preparing for their USA RV road trip, many visitors ask whether they need an international driver’s license to rent their RV in the USA.

The answer is simple: yes, you do. In addition to a valid driver’s license from your country of residence, you must have an international license.

Your original license must meet both of the following conditions:
1. It must use the Latin alphabet.
2. Principal and additional drivers must have had their driver’s license for at least 12 months.
3. These conditions are different for RV rental in Canada.

You must be at least 21 years of age (and no more than 75) for RV rental in the United states, and have a credit card in your name for the deposit.

In addition, please note that drivers from 21 to 24 years of age may be required to pay an additional fee to cover the higher insurance cost.

Also note that the driver’s license of the principal driver and the credit card used for the deposit MUST be in the same name. An international license is required.

You will also need to show your passport when picking up the vehicle. Every year, many disappointed travellers are unable to find a rental RV for their USA RV road trip, because there are none available.

The RV vacation is a highly popular form of travel and demand exceeds supply, particularly in high season.

Tinggalkan Balasan